After a successful confluence conversation in December 2020 (thank you!!!) we are excited to announce that we will be having a full conference this December 2021! The plan is to-be in-person in Asheville, NC December 9-10, but more details will come soon! Thanks for staying engaged with confluence and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Wondering when you'll get the link? (we know, we're excited too!) Don't worry - if you registered, you'll receive an email with the link 24-48 hours prior to our conversation (THIS THURSDAY!).
So be sure to make your own calendar appointment & then grab the link from your email once it comes:) Thanks for your understanding in these ever-tricky times. We promise it will be worth it.
If you're feeling festive consider joining our panel in wearing festive holiday sweaters to share in the best kind of contagious - holiday cheer!
Here's a reminder of the (awesome!) agenda (including some fun panel adjustments). Haven't registered? What are you waiting for? You won't want to miss it it (on Thursday Dec 10th from 10-12pm)
- Keynote + Q&A with Dr. Michael Walden
- Dr. Walden is a William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor and Extension Economist at North Carolina State University. He's also an author of over 11 books including “North Carolina Beyond the Connected Age: The Tar Heel State in 2050”.
- Hear Dr. Walden’s insights on long term growth & economic changes in the region in light of COVID-19
- Panel Discussion + Q&A
- Rob Osborne Project Manager at Black & Veatch, co-host of the Outfall podcast
- JD Solomon , Senior Consultant at JD Solomon Inc, Acting Town Manager City of Clayton
- Ania Truszczynski, PhD, Assistant Branch Chief for the GA EPD Watershed Protection Branch
- Courtney Driver, Utilities Director of Winston Salem / Forsyth County Utilities
- Clint Shealy, Assistant City Manager, City of Columbia, SC
Join us for a Confluence Conversation: Forecasting the Future – a sneak-peek of 2021’s conference and a fast-paced 2 hour conversation about how the water industry has been permanently changed by the pandemic.
A Confluence Conversation: Forecasting the Future
Thursday Dec 10th via zoom (Register Now to save your spot for free)
The interactive conversation includes insights from economist & keynote speaker, Dr. Michael Walden, as well as a tri-state panel focusing on the question “what are the biggest things that will be different for the water industry & economy in a post-vaccine world? ”
Note: Because of the brief & conversational nature, there will be no PDHs available as is typically the case with our in-person conferences. Save the date for Dec 2021 when we hope to see you in Asheville, NC!
For more photos, please visit our Facebook page!