Some early feedback (thank you!!!)
What a success!!!!
Thank you to ALL who attended - we are so grateful we were able to be together!
Did you know? A few fun facts to add clarity & excitement:
- There's a welcome breakfast before the workshop! 8 am Thursday morning:)
- The Lioncrest ballroom where the conference will be held (63 Deer Park Rd, Asheville, NC 28803) is a short 5 min drive from the Village Hotel & has plenty of parking.
- COVID protocol - no 3rd party upload needed, just bring your proof of vaccination/test & a mask with you
- Wear a well-fitting, properly positioned face mask when indoors on the Estate and while participating in sessions, meetings and engaging with other participants at conference functions.
- Bring proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test administered no earlier than Sunday, December 5th
- Complete ONSITE health screening questionnaire and temperature check.
Hi friends! It's so close I can feel it! Good news, we've got some more rooms blocked at the Double Tree just down the street. Use the link below to get rooms as low as $139/night.
We are aware that the room blocks reserved at the host hotel for Wednesday, December 8th are now all booked. We are currently making arrangements to secure additional rooms blocks. We will provide the booking information and any associated details once made available. Although we are excited about the response to this year's Confluence Conference, we truly apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience!
FYI - the conference sessions themselves will occur at the Lioncrest Ballroom: 63 Deer Park Rd, Asheville, NC 28803
Although we are extremely excited to be gathering in person, we recognize that our communities are still dealing with ongoing impacts of COVID-19. Therefore, we are implementing the following safety protocols to help protect our members, staff, volunteers and conference participants. ALL participants of the conference will be required to:
- Wear a well-fitting, properly positioned face mask when participating any sessions, meetings, networking event and when engaging with other participants during conference functions.
- Provide proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, OR, provide proof they obtained a negative COVID-19 test result within 48-hours of arriving at registration to secure their badge.
We understand the sensitivity of this information so we will be making arrangements for guest to provide this information without staff and/or volunteers having to handle directly. More information to come.
Need some reasons to register? (besides for the obvious value of an awesome agenda and chance to have invaluable fellowship & collaboration and seeing your friends in person). We got you covered!
Wondering about safety? Vaccination or proof of negative testing will be required. More details to come.
Early birds save money - Register by October 25th & get the early -bird discount! Only $250.
Curious about cost/value? The block rate for Wed/Thurs night ($269) is a GREAT DEAL and fraction of the market rate for a Biltmore stay. Don't forget to book your room asap. Speaking of which...
Need some incentives?
The Biltmore! There are some pretty cool things to do in the area!
Christmas in Ashville! Beyond just the Biltmore, Christmas is a beautiful time to be in the Asheville area. Here are some really cool things going on THAT weekend!
So what are you waiting for? Go a head in register while there's still room!
Registration is Open for the December 2021 Conference!!!!!
Below is an overview of our super-exciting Agenda for the long-awaited, re-branded, more-awesome Confluence Conference which we're planning to have IN-PERSON in ASHEVILLE. We hope you can join! See the Agenda tab for more details on speakers.
CONFLUENCE CONFERENCE 2021 – Emerging.
Strengthened Economies. Resilient Environment. Equitable Communities.
December 9-10, 2021, The Village Hotel at Biltmore Estate, Asheville, NC
Optional Pre-conference Service Project - Wednesday Dec 8th 2-4 pm
Stream Cleanup with Riverlink
Day 1 – Thursday December 9, 2021
Morning Workshop (9 AM) Innovation in Workforce Development Programming
Luncheon Keynote (11:30 AM) – Dr. Michael Walden
Dr. Walden is the William Neal Reynolds Distinguished Professor in the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at NC State University and member of the Graduate Economics faculty with The Poole College of Management. Dr. Walden specializes in the Southeast’s regional economy and is the author of “North Carolina Beyond the Connected Age: The Tar Heel State in 2050”. He will discuss the nexus of the economy and water.
Session 1 (1:30-3 PM) – Strengthened Economies
A case-study level discussion about the intersection of economic development and utility services needed to support that development.
Session 2 (3-5 PM) – Resilient Environment
Various views on the dynamic challenges, goals, and perspectives on our environmental resilience and sustainability.
Social Hour (5-6 PM) – Light refreshments and networking.
Day 2 – Friday December 10, 2021
Session 3 (8-10am) – Emerging Regulatory Concerns
A well-rounded discussion on a very relevant and important topic: emerging contaminants. What can we learn from one another’s approach?
Session 4 (10am-12pm) – Equitable Communities
An honest conversation on incorporating equitability and representation into design, regulation, and affordability. A chance to hear engaging, real stories.